This Week's Loves and Links
It’s a long weekend here in Germany. Thursday was a public holiday and Friday was a “bridge day,” a Friday between a public holiday and and the weekend that basically turns into another day off. Fortunately it has been gorgeous summer weather here so we’re totally enjoying our extra long weekend. So far we’ve had a fun little outing into Frankfurt where we took the kids to have Ethiopian food (one of my husband and my favourite cuisines) for the first time and they amazingly sat through the whole meal and didn’t make too much of a fuss about the food being weird. We’ve also visited a little French festival, today we’re having a BBQ plus hanging out at the local wine fest, and tomorrow we’re off to a regional park for lunch and some nice outdoor play time. You just never know how long this weather will last, so must make the most of it!
Here are a few fun things I’ve found this week.
- I love this time of year because the One Room Challenges are revealed. If you don’t know about this yearly “competition”, basically bloggers and designers do an amazing makeover of one room of their home. Check out this one from The Nester where she changed her boring and cluttered back porch into a gorgeous entryway. The chandelier is amazing, and the rug and the artwork…..
- And because I just can’t get enough of them, here is another One Room Challenge from Erica Reitman. She did her small guest house which she rents out on Airbnb. Not only is the makeover absolutely fabulous, but you have to check out her blog and how she adds the most hilarious videos in her posts. Guarantee it will make you laugh!
- Ok, something different. Do you meal plan? I used to be much better at this, but I feel like this is something that lately has taken backseat to all the other stuff I’ve got going on. I still manage to put fresh healthy food on the table every evening, but there is not a lot of forethought going into it. Here is a little inspiration to try to spend 90 minutes on the weekend to prep for the whole week.
- In case you are looking for something good to watch on Netflix that is not a series, I can recommend Abstract. Each episode looks at someone in the field of design, from an architect to a set designer to a shoe designer, and tells about their life and work. It’s done in a really fast and funny way and I’ve thoroughly enjoyed each episode.
- And last but not least, here is a beautiful blanket I’ve discovered that would be perfect for summer. On the couch, draped over outdoor furniture or packed for a picnic. Love the blocked colors.
Have a wonderful weekend!